Tuesday, July 1, 2014

First post/June favorites

I'm not sure that there's a wrong or right way to start off a blog. I'm also not sure how you're actually supposed to start off. So my June Favorites is going to start me off. Now - past all the awkward first post talk, I've had a semi busy/relaxed June. I know that probably makes absolutely no sense and complete sense all at the same time. This is my last summer of being a high schooler and it's both exciting and scary. I'm going into my senior year and i'm so ready for college so a part of me wants this school year to fly by, but another part of me is terrified of living in the real world and just wants to stay seventeen forever. I keep thinking if I leave my window open at night Peter Pan will fly in and take me away to Neverland (still hasn't happened yet). So enough with the rambling, here are my June favorites.

1. Ed Sheeran's new album "X"

















I have been long awaiting this. Ed is one of my all time favorite artists. He can do absolutely no wrong in my book. It's so so rare that someone as humble and real as he is enters the music industry and he's just such a breath of fresh air. I love love love him. My favorites are Tenerife Sea, Photograph, Thinking Out Loud, I'm A Mess, and Nina. Friends was my favorite before I heard the album and it's not even on it, so I would actually say that one, but if i'm sticking to the true album tracks, those are definitely my favorites. Keep doing you Ed.

2. So i'm probably the last person on the planet, but I finally got Netflix this month (*claps*) and I've spent most of my days tucked away in my room watching it. I seriously binge watched American Horror Story because I also hadn't seen that. I swear I don't live under a rock. At first I was like what the hell is this and I seriously only watched an episode and a half before I turned it off because it was like 2 am and I got really scared. But I continued to watch it the next day  and I ended up watching every episode there was. I also may or may not have fallen completely in love with Evan Peters. Another show I've been watching is The Office. I've seen episodes before but I wanted to watch from the beginning and it's honestly the funniest show I've ever seen in my life. I've never laughed out loud more watching tv than I do watching it. I tried to get into Gossip Girl and I just can't, I know some people are obsessed with it like Pretty Little Liars (haven't seen that either - don't hate me) but I just can't get into shows like that. I really wanted to get into but every episode I watch I just become more uninterested. Sorry if you're a die hard Gossip Girl fan, I mean no harm. If anyone has any good suggestions of shows to watch, please let me know :)

3. Two words. Pretzel Crisps. Oh my god. I've heard people talking about them, but I've never actually tried  them before a few weeks ago and I've bought like 3 bags since then, not even kidding. I went with my best friend on a road trip to visit her family and I bought a travel size at the gas station. It's a serious obsession. They're like flat little twisted pretzels and that's all they are but I swear they taste different than regular pretzels. I think there's also different flavors you can buy them in, but I haven't been brave enough and I've just stuck to the plain ones. I need an intervention from pretzel crisps.

4. So, as I said before, I don't live under a rock, but I had never been to Lush before this month either. I saw Zoe do a Lush haul a while back and I've been wanting to go but every time i'm in Atlanta I forget, but this time I didn't. The girl in there was so sweet and literally tested like everything on me because when I walked in I was just like a deer in headlights. There's so much stuff and everything does something different and I was just like oh my god. I went a little (a lot) crazy in there. I got a lot of facial stuff because my face hates me and has been really :/ lately. But ever since I've been using all that I bought in there it's looked so so good. So I suggest their face products if your face is not looking too great. It has worked wonders on mine. I might do a post about all that I got from there because it's just way too much to say here. 

5. Nike Roshes. I saw Danielle Bernstein (WeWoreWhat) had them and I was like oh those are nice but I wasn't sure how they would feel or how much they would cost and I was so pleasantly surprised.  I honestly can't even think up words to describe how in love I am with these shoes. I did cross country a few years ago and I've never had a better running shoe before (and I know running shoes). They literally weigh like nothing and they are like walking on marshmallows. I know that's what everyone said about Crocs in like 2006 but this is the real deal. They're so cute too. I am in love. That's all. 
Here's a photo so you can admire how cute they are. Notice the laces. 

6. I've been wanting to try the YSL Touche Eclat concealer/foundation ever since I saw Tanya Burr do a tutorial with it but i'd heard it wasn't good on oily skin (which I have - horribly in the summer) so I was hesitant to buy it because it's quite expensive so when I went to Atlanta last week I went in Sephora and got a sample of the foundation so I could try it out before I bought it. I wore it the next day and I didn't even have a problem with being super oily like some people did. So I don't know if that just the way my skin reacted but it absolutely loved it. I wore Rimmel Stay Matte over it and I was good to go for the whole day. I ended up just buying the concealer when I was there because I needed a new one anyway and it's amazing. I didn't buy the foundation because I just bought some new MAC foundation a few weeks ago so there would be no point, so i'm just going to wait to buy it until I run out of my MAC. 

7. Origins charcoal face mask. I don't know how it does it, but I swear it's magic. I was hesitant to buy a whole tube because if I didn't like it I had just wasted like $30 so I bought the travel sample size things and I will for sure be going back to buy a whole tube when I've finished up the ones I have. If you're looking for a face mask, look no further because this one is all you never knew you needed.

So here the end of my June favorites/first post. I hope you have/had a great day :) 

-xoxo Samantha 

1 comment:

  1. Pretzel crisps are the best! My fave are the sour cream and chive flavour ones mmm. I also could not live without Netflix! x
    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete